Shoichi Koyama, Ph.D.
Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division ,
National Institute of Informatics /
Graduate Institute for Advanced Studies , SOKENDAI
2-1-2 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8430, Japan
Shoichi Koyama received the B.E., M.S, and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, in 2007, 2009, and 2014, respectively. He is currently an Associate Professor with the National Institute of Informatics (NII), Tokyo, Japan. Prior to joining NII, he was a Researcher with Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation (2009–2014), Research Associate (2014–2018) and Lecturer (2018–2023) with the University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan. He was also a Visiting Researcher with Paris Diderot University (Paris 7), Institut Langevin, Paris, France (2016–2018), and a Visiting Associate Professor with Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University, Miyagi, Japan (2020–2023). His research interests include audio signal processing / machine learning, acoustic inverse problems, and spatial audio. (Full CV: )
Acoustic signal processing, machine learning for audio, microphone and loudspeaker array processing, spatial audio
|2009.04 – 2014.03||Nippon Telegraph and Telephon Corp., NTT Media Intelligence Laboratories, Researcher|
|2014.04 – 2018.03||Research Associate at Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, the University of Tokyo|
|2016.04 – 2018.03||Visiting researcher at Université Paris Diderot (Paris 7) / Institut Langevin (JSPS Overseas Research Fellow)|
|2018.04 – 2023.03||Lecturer at Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, the University of Tokyo|
|2020.04 – 2023.03||Visiting Associate Professor at Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University|
|2023.04 –||Associate Professor at Digital Content and Media Sciences Research Division, National Institute of Informatics|
|2023.04 –||Associate Professor at Graduate Institute for Advanced Studies, SOKENDAI|
|2007.03||Graduated from Department of Mathematical Engineering and Information Physics, Faculty of Engineering, the University of Tokyo|
|2009.03||Graduated from Department of Information Physics and Computing, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, the University of Tokyo|
|2014.01||Ph.D. (Information Science and Technology) from the University of Tokyo|
- The Service Award (Associate Editor), IEICE ESS, 2023.
- The Activity Contribution Award, ASJ, 2022.
- The Service Award (Operation of Technical Committee on Engineering Acoustics), IEICE ESS, 2021.
- The Research Award, Funai Foundation for Information Technology, 2018.
- The Telecom System Technology Award, the Telecommunication Advancement Foundation, 2015.
- The Itakura Prize Innovative Young Researcher Award, ASJ, 2015.
- The Awaya Prize Young Researcher Award, ASJ, 2011.
- The Best Young Researcher Paper Award, IEEJ Sensors and Micromachines Society, 2010.
- The Young Researcher Award, SICE Measurement Division, 2009.